Tuesday, April 8, 2008

ARCH 1101 - Stairs experiment ( applying textures to structure and applying artwork to studios)


X-ray of the structure focusing on underground studio.


X-ray image of structure focusing on above ground studio.

These are the 3 textures that I applied in my model. I applied the silky texture on the underground carpet so that I will look more qualitative and stunning and improve the overall image of the underground studio. The frozen texture was used on the ground floor floor texture. I thought the texture looked similar to tiles therefore I experimented it on the walkways and the stairs around the area. I turned out good and expressing the uniqueness of the structure. The smoky texture was applied to the roof cone of the above ground studio. I gives it a natural look and makes the material look organic and environmentally friendly.


Top view of structure


Image of the underground studio with the Sidney Nolan painting on the wall.


The stairs leading down to the underground studio with the person looking around in 3rd person view.


Stairs leading up to the above ground studio room.


The top view again but with a glimpse of the Patricia Piccinini painting there.

These images consist the use of my custom textures and the artwork from which I designed this structure from.
Duncan Chang

No comments: