Wednesday, March 19, 2008

ARCH 1101 - Stairs experiment (fish bone style)


Sketch of a section of the stairs

Rough skeches I did in class when thinking of ideas for stairs.


First construction of the fish bone staircase.


An image of the stairs.



Images of Staircase from above. (water fountain and bench will be helpful)


cross section of the stairs from the bottom.
X-ray image of staircase from above.

These are screenshots of the staircase I made. I have yet to modify the planks for the stairs so that the weight balance look about right. The unique shape for the planks also makes the stair planks look like spikes coming out from the tunk of the staircase. This staircase will probally be leading up towards the studio room above the datum line.

P.S. : Fellow students please leave comments or suggestions so that I can improve my work, Thanks

Duncan Chang

No comments: