Tuesday, March 18, 2008

ARCH 1101 - TASK 5

CHOOSE ONE OF THE STAIRS IN TODAYS LECTURE AND DRAW 2 SECTIONS THROUGH IT. TRY TO IMAGINE HOW IT WAS MADE AND REPRESENT THE DIFFERENT MATERIALS IT IS MADE FROM USING DIFFERENT FORMS OF HATCHING. IMAGE THE STRUCTURE THAT SUPPORTS IT ALSO...


This is my cross section of the stairs i have chosen. The dots represent the steel bars that maybe used to create reinforced concrete for the stairs. Reinforced concrete is strong and durable therefore I think that might be the material used to construct the stairs. The stairs I think should go into the wall and the section in the wall will be heavier and larger in order to balance the weight out therefore I have made the second cross section bigger and with 2 steel bars in the middle in order to make the larger side equally strong.


This is an image of the stair I have chosen

Duncan Chang

No comments: